We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

hong kong
Level Contributor
285 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

We are staying in the Philippos and one of the guys here suggested the Vitreon restaurant which was of reasonable price (under 40 euro for 2), good food quality and near to the hotel. Please advise if the restaurant is still open for business, price stays fair and food equally good. Can we see the acropolis from the restaurant ? In case the Vitreon has closed down, what restaurant would you suggest in the Plaka (we assume this area is about 10 mins. walk from our hotel - Philippos) with food good, price reasonable (our budget stays around 40 euro for 2) and view of the Acropolis (we want to admire it from a distance at night with all the fantastic lights on !)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

oups i found the site of filoistron..; )) www.filoistron.gr

hong kong
Level Contributor
285 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

Gas,

Thank you for the restaurant web. We have visited it. The interior of the restaurant is so beautiful ! However on reading the menu, we are a bit disappointed. There seems only cheese, salad and etc. for the main dishes. We just expect a little bit of meat (to fill our stomach), e.g. beef, pork, lamb or whatever. We also expect pastas or pizzas, seafood like fish, shrimp and crab. Is what on the menu the whole lot they are offering at the restaurant ? If that is the case, we have to trouble you to recommend some restaurants to us again (sorry for our long-windedness, we still presume 40 euro for 2, view to the illuminated acropolis and good tasty food).

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

fatoil i think you can ask for pork etc...but there is also a restaurant at the begining of apostolou pavlou..is cafe-restaurant type but the food is really nice...if you find a chair outside of the building at the side of the acropolis you can have amazing views of the monument..is called athineon politia..is located t thission area and the tables on the courtyard at acropolis side are really romantic with litte candles and terrific view among to lot of trees and gardens....here is the site www.athinaionpoliteia.gr

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

fatoil i want to inform you that athineon politeia is in the prices you want..about 20per person for two main dishes a salad and 2 drinks....the meat assortment is a great plate for 2 persons...i inform cause maybe the place seems to be luxurious and the true is that the renovated building of this place is amazing but the prices are logical and the quality of this place high; )

hong kong
Level Contributor
285 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

Gas,

We could not thank you enough for all those great recommendations on restaurants in Athens, Santorini and Mykonos. We've visited the web of Athineon Politia the first thing we read a reply from you. We feel hungry just by reading their menu ! The picture of the shrimp and (pork ? ) in their page for 'warm dishes' just look great ! By the time we reach the page for dessert .. we're all drooling over the computer ! Can you recommend some of their warm dishes (e.g. pork, chicken, shrimp or whatever)/salad/pasta/dessert to us ? Given that we are going to Athens in mid-Sep, should we book a table for dinner beforehand (can we specify we want one allowing us view of the acropolis with lights on ?) By the way, will the restaurants in greece be divided into smoking and non-smoking sections ?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

well fatoil you can ask for a table with the view of the acropolis..in greece there are places smoking and notsmoking and in athineon politia you can ask for that but for me is better to have a table out side at the garden where you can see the acropolis better than bein in the building...i dont think that you must make a reservation.....but you should be carefull the time you will find a table at the garden outside cause exactly next are the tables of athinea cafe an other place that is different and the names feels to be similar...as for the dishes the athenian salad pork and grilled burger are really nice dishes..; )

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Restaurants in plaka with view of the acropolis wanted !

oups forget to mentioned the desert...is my favourite dish at this place...im going to athineon politia most for coffe and that desert...chocolate soufle with icecream....great! ..: )