We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations Athens

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, On
Level Contributor
287 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations Athens

We will be flying from Toronto to Athens at the end of September. We will be staying just 2 nights before "ferry-hopping" around the islands and finally staying in Crete for one week. We have narrowed down our hotel search to: Hotel Adrian, Hotel Alexandros, Hotel Akropolis Select, Jason Prime, Best Western Elysium and Hotel Myrto.

Has anyone stayed at any of these places and if so, please let us have some info.

Many thanks.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

sorry but will not be my choices for athens exept best western and akropolis select....but im going to recomend you the accomondation i suggest every time when they ask me for hotels in athens....i think these places are good for the facilities and central location the prices and the service...www.freshhotel.gr www.amazonhotel.gr www.herahotel.gr www.titania.gr places nice for accomondation in athens....hotels new or well renovated without smelling nafthalin or oldfashioned; )

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

rosita myrto hotel is not in athens..is located in nea makri.....40kilometres from the centre

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

Actually there is a tiny little hotel just off Syntgama Square called the Myrto..Check out the Hotel Amazon, great spot, newly renovated in a great location. The Adrian is in the heart of Plaka, and a decent spot..very plain, The Achilleas is a good spot as is the Athens Cypria...check out the hotel reviews on this site for guidance...stay as centrally as you can, especially with only a couple days.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

Take my advice:

Stay at the Intercontinental. It's not in the center of town but they have a shuttle bus that leaves every 30 minutes and drops you off at Monastraki. You'll love it. And if you book it online its 100 euros, I think.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

if you can find a room at intercontinetal with 100 euros dont even think to stay somewhere else...i knew that the prices was over 200 there..is great hotel..but unfortunatelly i cant find the site....nikb9 if you have it it will be helpfull...but here is the phone number +302109206000

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

here's the link. Hope it helps.

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hd/athha

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

Nikb-

I wish you were right. The cheapest room i can find there for October 4th through the 6th is 195 Euro a night! Got any other sites i could maybe look?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

thats weird.

try calling them and get a quote...and then ask about booking online through their website....here's the number...

Tel: 30-210-9206000

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recommendations Athens

Beautiful hotel, excellent location in the heart of the Plaka. Beautiful view of the Akropolis from the roof garden. 10 minutes stroll to Syntagma Square.Very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended is Magna Grecia Boutique Hotel.You can find it at www.bookings.net