We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Athens

Athens
1 post
Save Topic
Hotels near Athens

Hi, my daughter is a history student andhas to visit Athens, my husband and I will go with her. We are looking for a hotel near Athens as she will go in and visit ancient sites every day and preferably near a beach, but not too expensive. Any advice. Thanks

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Athens

If you stay downtown you 'll have much more choices and lot easier commuting to the main sites, in walking distances or using the quick and convenient subway system for one stop hopping, but being far from beaches.

If you want to be near the coastal zone and the beaches it should be something around Voyliagmeni or Glyfada areas,

What level of price you are looking for appx.?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Athens

if you want a hotel near the archeological sites forget the beach....beach is about 30 minutes with tram from the centre of athens....great hotels reasonably priced is www.freshhotel.gr great location and design and www.plakahotel.gr www.titania.gr if you can afford prices over 140 see also this hotel located next to acropolis area www.herahotel.ge the best choice for a guy in intresting to ancient greek civilazation...touching the archeological area of athens where the most of the monuments located.....at last the budjet choice is www.attalos.gr .....if you want to stay on the beach coast and take the tram making about 30 minues to the centre see also these hotels www.corahotel.gr www.poseidonhotel.com.gr www.tropicalhotel.gr www.chandris.gr (choose the hotel in athens) the last is the best choice if you can afford the price ...20 minutes from the centre and next to the beach coast as you want......hope i helped you with so many ideas..; )

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Athens

as nick said glyfada is also great beach location but in vouliagmeni you will need over 200 euros per day and of corse both places are over 40minutes from the center see also a hotel at glyfada www.glyfadahotel.gr about 45 minutes from the centre

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near Athens

Nick and Gas give you good advice if you are staying and visiting places in Athens

However if your daughter visit places in the Peloponesse such as Ancient Corinth, Mycaenae, Epidaurus etc you may prefer to stay in Loutraki, 5km off the Corinth Canal which can be a good base for day trips. This is still 1 hour/80km from Athens. Hotel Segas www.hotelsegas.com has good value rooms for about 50 Euros

It all depends where you concentrate and what locations your daughter will be working at