We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

nc
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

was hoping someone could tellme cheap way of getting from port in pireaus to ledra marriott

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

you take the train(electric train) from pireas station to omonoia from there take the red subway line to syngrou fix and the ledra marriot is about 5minutes with bus from there..you take the buss A2 or B22 or 219 or E22 and ask for the ledra marriot stop..when you arrive you cross syngrou fix walking tounel under the highway and you are to your hotel..all this is going to cost you 1euro each person..you buy the one hour and a half ticket and also you are going to make 45-55minutes to get there from pireas port...just pay attention at syngrou fix station you take the buses from the centre to ledra marriot not opposite..ask the information desk-ticket to syngrou fix station just to not be confuzed; )

nc
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

that was great inf0 - but with luggage - is there another option short of an expensive taxi - seems making all the changes might be too difficult with bags - thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

well having bugs with you at the train and subway is not really difficult..also the change bettwen train to subway is really easy with the automatic elevators and stairs...but then in the bus maybe will be a problem so try to find a taxi just for the five minutes from syngrou fix to ledra marriot..if you at last find a taxi at the pireas port chaos you are going to pay about 16 euros to ledra marriot....but i dont have really good relations with taxi drivers...i allways try to avoid them..if you are tourist can stole you...so you take the risk or you are calling the tourist police when something is going wrong...

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

i forget to give you also one advice..the buses ,trains and subway is the best way to move in this city..all are comfortable modern with aircondition and the cheapest in europe...olympic games gave these good transortation to the city so try allways using them...athens is for walking ang public transortation..dont be confuzed with changes..well when youm arrive at omonoia take the red line to agios dimitrios...i forgot to tell you the way .....

Greece
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

There is another option to take bus 040 from pireus.It goes up syngrou avenue and stops right infont of the hotel and no changes needed.The only thing is I don't know from which part of the port it begins from so it might be a up to a 10 minute walk from where you will be.But worth it to avoid all changes with train metro and bus.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

wewr is right..there is a bus going straight from pireas to syngrou 040 but i ont really know where is the bus stop..probably is not near the port

nc
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

thanks

greece
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

Dear Woody,

Yes 040 is your best bet.

You can pick it up across the road from OLP (which is at the other end of the port from the ferries) or you can walk a short distance and pick it up from outside the Dimatiko theatro.

The route is a little long as it goes through Kallithea, but there are no changes and it is your best bet.

Good luck

nc
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help - transfer pireaus to ledra marriott

if you don't want to have problems of any short... if i were you i would take a taxi.don't forget athens is too hot during summer.