We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe holiday with 5 month old baby - advice on where to...

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Europe holiday with 5 month old baby - advice on where to...

We're looking to escape London during the second week of September and want to find a baby-friendly resort (seaside) within 2-3 hours away. Exploring Club Med Ibiza..... Any advice on where to stay? Thank you.

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Europe holiday with 5 month old baby - advice on where to...

Hi elbon, living in London I am sure you would be looking to stay somewhere where it is relaxing.

I recommend the following coastal suburbs in RANDOM ORDER for a really relaxing holiday in Athens.

Marathon-Schinias- East Coast (You will need to rent a car, I am unsure about public transportation).

Mati near Rafina - East Coast (Has public transporation around every 30 minutes).

Vravrona- East Coast (OASA buses run every 15 minutes).

Some parts of Porto-Rafti - East Coast (Ensure that you will NOT be staying very close to nightlife (Has public transporation around every 30 minutes if not more).

Saronida -West coast (OASA buses run every 15 minutes please anyone correct me if i am wrong in this).

Sounion- West coast (I am not sure about public transportation).

Wherever you stay, renting a car could make your stay more enjoyable. However, for some coastal suburbs renting a car is not essential.

Please REMEMBER- These are my favourite coastal suburbs and what I like you may NOT.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

greece
Level Contributor
114 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Europe holiday with 5 month old baby - advice on where to...

what about agistri island,only one hour from athens by catamaran

ideal familyatmoshere at, rosys village,

have a look at the tripadvisers reviews

close to mainland but far enough,beach,everything around you,sand rocks pebble.supermarkets and pharmacy available.

september will be ideal,have fun

Greece
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Europe holiday with 5 month old baby - advice on where to...

I would recommend the south of attika.Nice beaches and resorts start from vouliagmeni area and then lagonissi saronida and anavyssos.Voouliagmeni is a lovely place and very close to many cafes with lovely sea viea.Glyfada is only 10 minutes away by taxi or bus and has everything you can ask for.Lagonnisi saronida and anavyssos are further out and quiet.Getting around is more difficult.There is a bus to syntagma but it runs every 40 minutes.YOu can check out these hotels depending on your budget.Astir palace,armonia hotel,amarilia hotel,margi hotel,lagonissi grand resort,eden beach,alexander hotel.Good luck!