We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

We will be going on a 7 day Greek islands & Turkey cruise Sunday and we were told by the tour operatior WOV today that the ship will be Coral, previously the Triton. Does anyone have any ifo on this ship?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

I am considering this same cruise in late August. Such a nice section of stops. I haven't been able to find out much about it, so I am interested in pointers to find out where you have been able to collect info. Who is WOV?

Toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

World of Vacations is a tour operator in Canada. Every summer, they offer different packages of land and cruise itineraries out of Athens. The problem with the cruise portion is that we won't know which ship they put us on until pretty close to departure. We are flying to Athens this Sunday and the first part of the package is a 4-day, 3-night bus tour of Greece, after 1 night in Athens. Then they would transfer us to a ship on a 7-day Greek islands & Turkey cruise. We were only informed this week that the ship will be Coral (previously Triton of ROC) acquired recently by Louis Cruises. I know it is too late to back out, even if the review is not good. But at least we can be mentally prepared for the worst.

Any info on the ship will be appreciated.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

travelserver.net/travelpage/…

This says it is just a rename.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

When we were on a WOV island hopping package this time last year, we met three Ontario couples who took the Greek Islands/Turkey cruise segments of their respective tours on the Triton. We specifically asked them what the Triton was like, and basically all three said either "it's okay" or "it wasn't too bad." They all had a great time and raved about the ports of call they visited; didn't sound like they spent much time on the ship apart from evenings for dinner and then sleeping.

Toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

Thanks donnyb!! It's a relief to hear that at least the Triton was "OK". I guess if we don't set our expectations too high, we might be pleasantly surprised.

Summerside, Canada
Level Contributor
438 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

If you go to www.cruiseserver.net you will find lots of info. on this cruise ship.

Portugal
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

I have been in Greece from 1-8 Jully with Louis Cruises in the boat CALYPSO and the boat is very old, it smells Oil, the pool is a 2 x 2 sea water, and the food is very bad.

Operator said that it would be a 4 stars boat, and it has a 1 star... very bad. The covers of the beds have 20 years.

The WC it looks like a autocaravan WC ( with 1 x 1,5 meters).

we were paying for a deluxe room.

I have talked with persons from PERLA / CORAL boats and they all said the same.

Sorry but it was really a bad expirence.

Please DON'T GO. find a different operator than Louis Cruises.

I can send photos of the inside cabin (room). (Bonaparte@oniduo.pt).

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

Thank you for your useful advice BonapartePT.

ATHENAS.....................

UK
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

How was your cruise on the Coral?? we will go next

month

tks

Carol

Ontario
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Louis Cruises - Coral previously Triton

Hi , I have been surfing this site in hopes of finding info on WOV cruises in greece as My husband and i are booked for an Oct cruise. As you mentioned we do not know which ship we are sailing on. I was hoping that by now you have returned fr your cruise and could bring me up to speed onwhat to expect. i am anxious to hear. Margaret in Ontario