We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marina hotel

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south africa
1 post
Save Topic
marina hotel

Any information on the Marina Hotel near Omnia square. I have heard some bad and good reviews.

Does the metro go from the airport to omnia square, or what is the easiest way to get from thr airport.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marina hotel

It's Omonia square (not Omnia), and it is served by lines 1 and 2. Airport is served by line 3, so you'll have to switch trains at some point (Syntagma or Monastiraki stations). You should check www.ametro.gr for more details.

Omonia area is generally considered one of the most degraded areas in Athens, although the situation has improved in recent years. It is one of the very few areas in Greece where one should not walk alone after dark. Many hotels in this area serve as low-level shelters for prostitutes.

Being a Greek, I would never stay in a hotel at this area, unless it was a really good value, and I would suggest that you consider changing your reservation for some other hotel.

Good luck

2. Re: marina hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:59 pm, September 21, 2005
nova scotia
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marina hotel

My husband and 3 teenage daughters stayed just off Omonoia square at the Dorian INN HOtel. It was a c/b class rated hotel and was above what we expected, it was wonderful. (Check out the positive responses in the hotel section of this web sight.) As we did not wonder too late at night ( usually after walking all day were were back at the hotel by 10pm.) We felt safe walking but would not want to be out as a woman by myself. THe Dorian inn was alwyas full especially with bus tours and mostly older folk. They would be wondering around at night as well so it was safe up until late at night. During the day it was fine..