We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel kimon

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotel kimon

Does anybody know anything about the hotel Kimon in the Plaka? I am looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Athens with my husband and my three boys. I don't care if there is a TV or not, or a radio. I could even live without air conditioning, but the boys are going to be lying on the floor to play cards, so it has to be clean. I will try to get a room at the Attalos, but I'd rather stay someplace that is less European and more like the hotels I remember from twelve years ago. Any suggestions?

London
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel kimon

Why do you want to stay in Plaka? Everything is so expensive there.Try Hotel Moka near Omonoia square it has very nice prices and your boys can play cards on the floor as much as they like they have wall to wall carpet.

Stayed there and enjoyed it.

Edinburgh
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel kimon

I don't know about the hotel Kimon, but can recommend Hotel Solomou which is about 5 mins from Omonia Square. The room we had was large, and it was absolutely spotless. I'm not sure how big their family rooms are so not sure if they have rooms for 5 people (we had a triple which was massive! could easily have fitted another bed) but the staff are really nice and go out of their way to help you. It was air-conditioned and we also had a huge balcony.

It was 90 euro per night full price for a triple with en suite (this was in october/november), but you can get cheaper deals through various websites.

hope this is helpful.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel kimon

solomou vs moka...well nice guys...you are so cear here....old fashioned and gipsy hotels of athens located at the bad part of omonoia square...great!!!