We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Athens

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Athens

Hello everyone,

My travel agent has booked me at the Cecil Hotel in Athens when i arrive for just one night. He was honest with me and told me it is not a luxurious hotel by any means but said it is clean with a great location (near the Plaka, Acropolis, etc). Heard anything about this hotel?

But I am also looking for a nicer hotel while staying in Athens later on during my trip before I depart for home-about 3 days. (This will be about 3 weeks after staying at Cecil Hotel)

Gas and Nick, I have looked into Grand Bretange and some of the others you have suggested but they are too much money for what I want to spend. I have researched Intercontinental and Art Hotel? Anyone ever stay there? I am open to any suggestions for hotels in Athens.

Again, thanks for the help.

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel in Athens

Thank you all.

Jan, I have noticed that you mention the website www.athensinfoguide.com an awful lot. Is there any reason for this?

I'm just asking, that's all.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel in Athens

Hi Nik, i show this too. Sorry for interfering in a question asked to someone else.

I don't know if a connection exists, but even if it does, this site has generally good info and a nice set of options for hotels, in various prices. Hotel prices are also the same with official hotels sites or "on reception" prices. It is possible that a connection exists but i personally don't see anything bad, since it is a site promotioning a set of choices for hotels etc and not a specific choice.

13. Re: Hotel in Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:59 pm, September 21, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel in Athens

Magna Grecia

54 Mitropoleos st. - 10563 Athens

Tel. (+30) 210 3240314 Fax. (+30) 210 3240317

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.