We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive hostel or pension in Athens? Not Pella Inn?

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
5 posts
Save Topic
Inexpensive hostel or pension in Athens? Not Pella Inn?

I am looking for a good cheap hostel/pension (40 to 50 euros for a double). My girlfriend and I will be in Athens from 17 May to 20 May. I am arriving one day earlier. I was going to stay at Pella Inn in Monastiraki because it is centrally located, close to the Metro, has dorm room (for my first night) and inexpensive doubles. BIt it got such bad reviews on Trip Advisor. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place that has a similar location and price but is better? The guide books are completely unhelpful on this question.

Thanks

1. Re: Inexpensive hostel or pension in Athens? Not Pella Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:59 pm, September 21, 2005
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive hostel or pension in Athens? Not Pella Inn?

: )i think the best discount hotel in athens is acropolis house hotel but try to find more.the hotel i mentioned is also located near subway.you going to pay 60 but you will feel real welcomed and you will save money cause is also near the main attractions.if you want to give 40-50 watch out of bad hotels.im travelling allways with low budjet all over europe and i really discover the places im going to stay,but for me the hotel i mentioned is the best budjet for athens

Brooklyn, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive hostel or pension in Athens? Not Pella Inn?

Thank you for your help. The Backpacker Athens looks good and I will look for info on the Acropolis House. Again, thanks to both replies. -Toby