We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome pickups

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Welcome pickups

I was quoted a price of 108€, all included, tax,tip,tolls,etc etc for a transfer for 6 people on June 23rd from the airport to Piraeus port. It seems like a pretty fair amount for 6 people. The option is this, or a getting a 2 regular taxis when we land, any thoughts?

9 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Welcome pickups

Almost the same price with two taxis.

Edited: 10:46 am, June 03, 2018
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
444 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Welcome pickups

Make some more quotations to company's you can get it cheaper the minivan!

If 2 taxis from Athens international is regulated (fixed) 54€ each!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Welcome pickups

There is no fixed taxi price from the airport to Piraeus but one taxi will be around fifty EUR.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Welcome pickups

The X96 bus will cost you a total of €36. The new train service €60. Just for comparison.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,167 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Welcome pickups

Unless of course any of you are over 65, then both the bus & train would be cheaper still :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Welcome pickups

I know the bus and train will be cheaper, but I'll be getting off a 7 hour flight, on my way to a 9 hour over night ferry, comfort and convenience do have a price. Somebody waiting with our names on a sign taking us door to door in comfort is a luxury I'll pay for on day 1 of a vacation. Its between it and a cab, and I was wondering if any of the forum regulars had experience with this company in particular. The TripAdvisor reviews are very good.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Welcome pickups

I used Welcome Pickups for a late night (early hours of the morning) arrival. One of our party’s bags had misconnected so we were very late getting through customs, but the driver was still waiting and cheerful. I did cancel the return trip, though, as the company insists on getting to the airport something like 2-3 hours before (even) a domestic flight and I chose to go later by Metro. Even though I had not spotted that they’d altered my requested pickup time (to fit their schedule) until a couple of hours beforehand, they had no problem in cancelling and refunding.

I’d recommend using them - and the price seems right to me for the service you’ll get.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Welcome pickups

Going to book them, thanks for the recommendation. I know in NYC if something says gratuity included, they still expect a tip, is that the case here, or is it really included?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Welcome pickups

There did not seem to be the expectation of anything on top of the quoted price. Could be that I’m less sensitive to the cultural practice of tipping - which we Brits share with the Greeks ;) That said, I’m sure that if you have a great trip and feel inclined to tip, it won’t be refused.

Reply to: Welcome pickups
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted