We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel: Acropolis View, Jason Inn or Athens Cypria

Washington, DC
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel: Acropolis View, Jason Inn or Athens Cypria

Going to be in Athens for two nights in late June. Will be doing the usual tourist things before heading to the islands. Not sure how far out of the way Acropolis View is from the heart of the Plaka. Like the idea that it will be quieter. However don't want to spend tons of time getting to and fro. Are we really better off staying in the Plaka? The hotels seem to offer about the same quality of accomodation or am I mistaken? Guidance is appreciated.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,186 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel: Acropolis View, Jason Inn or Athens Cypria

Jason Inn is convenient for a walk up the Acropolis Hill, and for nearby attractions like the old Agora (market place), Kerameikos, the Flee Market and Monastiraki.

However, you have to be aware of getting a room away from the street. The traffic can be very disturbing - even at night.

Athens
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel: Acropolis View, Jason Inn or Athens Cypria

I prefer the Acropolis view hotel

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel: Acropolis View, Jason Inn or Athens Cypria

I personally prefer the Cypria for location, ask for a room in the "new" wing..you cannot beat a Syntagma location when trying to orient yourself. I am not a fan of the Jason, my friends enjoyed it, but my experience was not so good, (fall 04)...so I stick to the Amazon, Cypria, Hermes, Achilleas, all 3 star clean, simple hotels

with basic stuff..and each has some form of continental breakfast..the Cypria does the biggest breakfast of the bunch.

Stay near Syntagma, and most things will be easier to access from the metro there, or in Monistiraki, which is short walk..Plaka is just a few blocks from all of these hotels. You will have a great time in Athens.

4. Re: Hotel: Acropolis View, Jason Inn or Athens Cypria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:24 am, August 28, 2009