We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lux hotels: King George or GB?

new york
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lux hotels: King George or GB?

We're going to Athens in July for 4 days after a week on Leros and are looking for a luxury hotel in the center of the action. GB is highly rated but feels like it might be a little pretentious. (As comparison: we find the Hassler in Rome and the Gritti Palace in Venice too over the top). From the site, I thought the King George might offer luxury with more warmth or is that just wishful thinking? Any opinions? Or anyone able to recommend someplace else that would have the same standards but feel more intimate and personal? Also looking for restaurant recommendations. Thanks.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

is on the pedestrian of voukourestiou,on the attica building.....for me os the best coffe i have ever taste in Athens....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

Well you got me...being the 'java junkie' that I am:) I'll find 'Voukourestiou' and definetely give it a try! Thanks again, Gas!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

your welcome..litsa.. i notice that most of the experts are missing last days...and im tottaly happy seing that all the forums are on your hands....thanks god...; )

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

Very sweet of you Gas...I'm far from an expert but feel I've been to Greece enough times to call it my second home for sure....Nick is floating around NY somewhere!! He's blessed with wonderful weather which just arrived...guess he brought it with him from Greece:)

new york
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

Hey, Litsa and Gas... I'm so glad that my original post sparked a conversation between the two of you. You've both given me lots of great info. Thanks again.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

hi.

definatelly grand bretagne.it makes you feel as much intimate and personal you want!

for restaurants try ''the bbq restaurant'' at the roof top of hilton hotel.great views of the acropolis-fantastic fish food.

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

Hey Litsa..I know this is off- topic..sorry I missed you, but we did have a great time with Nick...it did give us a chance to return some of his hospitality that he lavishes on us when we are in Athens.great hearing your voice, I hope you got to connect...we had a long drive back to the mountains!..maybe next trip!

johnnieb

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

Hey Johnnie...Great to hear your voice too and yes, did pick them up at Guggenheim...walked from there down 2nd Ave., stopping for a 2-hour coffee...lots of talk!!.lots of walking too!!....all the way down to Bloomingdales where I dropped them off:) Am sure Nick will contact you:) Let's take this to TA 'messages':):) Enjoy!

19. Re: Lux hotels: King George or GB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 22, 2009