We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

Level Contributor
20 posts
Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

Coming from Mykonos ( Thira) port to Athens port and will need a transfer to the hotel. Any recommendations/costs?

Thank you!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

Which hotel? Arriving at Piraeus?

Edited: 1:38 pm, July 11, 2017
Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

Thira is Santorini, not Mykonos.

And I guess you mean Piraeus as being the Athens port you mention. Rafina (where also ferries from Santorini and Mykonos arrive) and Lavrio are also described (sometimes) as Athens ports.

From Piraeus you have the choice of metro or taxi. If you arrive with Blue Star Ferries, the metro station is across the road almost in front of you.

From Rafina it's bus or taxi. The bus leaves from the quay where the ferry arrives.

The location of your hotel would help to give a more detailed answer.

Edited: 1:41 pm, July 11, 2017
Level Contributor
20 posts
3. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

yes I'm so sorry cant keep them all straight. I'm following a trip my sister booked from a travel company so yes it should be from Mykonos to Athens and I don't see a port listed now that I looked further. Will be staying at The Stanley hotel in Athens.

Level Contributor
20 posts
4. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

I'm sorry I had wrong info on there. Coming from Mykonos to Athens, however do not see a port listed for Athens. Will be staying at the The Stanley Hotel.

Thanks!

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

>>however do not see a port listed for Athens<<

Most probably it will be Piraeus. Is it mentioned what ferry company?

But if Piraeus: take the metro to Omonia and change there to Line 2 (direction Agios Antonios). Then get out at Metaxourgio. The Stanley hotel is near the metrostation. A metroticket is 1,40 Euro.

With a taxi you will be faster but that will be something like 25 Euro.

Level Contributor
20 posts
6. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

actually be arriving into Rafina and then to Stanley Hotel. Any bus to take into the city and average price/ how long?

Thanks!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
323 posts
7. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

KTEL bus 2,6 euros pp

http://ktelattikis.gr/en/en_marathon_rafina

from the drop off point simply download the BEAT taxi up and call a taxi (4-5 euros to your hotel)

Edited: 9:31 am, October 02, 2017
Level Contributor
20 posts
8. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

Thank you so much!

9. Re: Athens port to city ( hotel) recommendations/ cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 04, 2018