We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Greece
Search

Evia

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
21 helpful votes
Evia

Having been to the Peloponnese for the last 3 years we'd like to try somewhere else that is convenient for travel to/from Athens. I've looked at Evia a few times but it seems to be off the radar for most UK-based travel companies - I often see where Sunvil go and look in their chosen areas!

I'm struggling to get a feel for Evia and, as it is a big island, where to go. We like to be in a larger village/small seaside town with some bars and restaurants but not bouncing nightlife.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
29 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Evia

Maybe Marmari would suit you. Only 1 hour ferry crossing from Rafina. And from Athens airport to Rafina is only 20 minutes.

http://tinyurl.com/n4zcefo

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
8,317 posts
76 reviews
56 helpful votes
2. Re: Evia

Evia is covered on this forum under the alternative spelling of Euboea (which is a direct transliteration of the Greek). Have a look on the Euboea forum and you'll find a few trip reports including some from me.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g189454-i4352-Eu…

3. Re: Evia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 10, 2016