We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a greek island holiday similar to Kalamaki

Luton
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a greek island holiday similar to Kalamaki

Hi, my boyfriend and I (both in our 30's) are looking to book a holiday to one of the Greek islands. Last year we went to Kalamaki which was perfect. The location was good because it was quiet but just a few mins walk to taverns, bars etc and not too far from the beach. There were plenty of excursions to go on. We are looking for something similar as we like to explore but don't want to go back to the same place. I've done a bit of research and narrowed it down to Rhodes although if anyone can recommend any other islands with accommodation not too far from airport, not too far from beach, taverns - possibly with a harbour would be nice and places within walking distance.

We want to go for 10 days, budget approx 1200-1500, preferably self catering as we like to eat out and try different bars :-) Any ideas will be much appreciated!! Thank you!!

scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a greek island holiday similar to Kalamaki

Kardamena in Kos sounds like what you are after,it's close to the airport,close to beaches,there is loads of good restaurants and bars on the harbour front,and the locals are really friendly,there is also a good selection of trips to go on,I'm not to sure that many of the hotels do self catering tho,they are mostly bed and breakfast,the cleopatra superior is a nice hotel,close to the beach and a stones throw from the closest restaurants and bars,and well within your budget!!!we are actually heading back to Kalamaki in August this year after a few years going to Kos and Crete,hope this helps and you find somewhere you like as much as kalamaki😀

Bedfordshire, UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a greek island holiday similar to Kalamaki

Ah that's great, thank you will check it out! Sounds just like what we are looking for :-) Thanks again!

3. Re: Looking for a greek island holiday similar to Kalamaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 03, 2016