We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A little bit of advice needed...

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
A little bit of advice needed...

We are staying in Athens near Syntagma Square and then plan to hire a car and travel to Nafplion. Can someone plese tell me if it is better to hire a car in the centre of Athens or go back out to the airport and hire a car from there. Which would be the less stressful drive.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Plakias, Greece
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A little bit of advice needed...

Hello Sorchap

For sure the less stressful drive is leaving from the airport to Nafplion.

Check out how you manage public transport from airport to Syntagma, if you feel comfortable with it, it is not complicated but everubody is different, then take the ride back to the airport and rent a car there, you will be on the national road very fast from there. renting a car in the centre of Athens and leaving from there might be more stressful, depending on how you manage to drive in a city you do not know, but it is quite a way out and also takes time until you reach the big roads.

Have a nice trip

Monica

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A little bit of advice needed...

Thanks for your help, this was what I was thinking myself, I think we will take the metro back out to the airport and hire car from there.

3. Re: A little bit of advice needed...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 pm, June 18, 2013