We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving on Crete

Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba Diving on Crete

Hi,

Where are the best scuba dive sites on Crete?

I would really like to do some sort of an archeological dive.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving on Crete

Hi

These 2 links:

diversclub-crete.gr/english/dive-sites.html

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GGIC_enGB302GB303&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=diving+crete&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=diving&hnear=0x149afe2f827d98a1:0x100bd2ce2b9c630,Crete,+Greece&sa=X&ei=U45UT6K5JYau8AP15pTwBQ&ved=0CCAQyBM

should give you some info for starters. I think there are very strict laws about diving near archaeological sites, but someone else may be able to confirm that (or not)

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,833 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving on Crete

Look up this link:

www.greeka.com/greece/greece-diving.htm

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba Diving on Crete

The list of diving centres on G-T's link is very useful, but unfortunately we found last summer that big blue in Gouves was closed - so do check that the one you hope to use is still open. A clue might be that some of them don't have any mail links, whereas most of them do.

Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba Diving on Crete

Thanks, excellent map. Will try to find a place that does underwater archeology dives.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba Diving on Crete

I hope you will post your findings.

I am going to crete in May and am interested in the same question.

6. Re: Scuba Diving on Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 pm, June 18, 2013