We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Greece?

Essex
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Greece?

We haven't visited Greece, or islands, for a number of years and are open to suggestions as to where to go. This is our wish list:

No large complexes

Has a swimming pool

Near to, or on a sandy beach

Peaceful, but within walking distance of traditional bars and restaurants.

Any suggestions and recommendations will be gratefully received

Thanks

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Greece?

Package or Indy, when, how long for and out of which airport?? Are you just going to flop or hire a car to see places of interest? Do you want a direct flight to the "island" or will you consider a flight and ferry??

Edited: 9:04 am, September 04, 2011
Essex
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Greece?

Hi

Package holiday for around two weeks next June. Relaxing, maybe a couple of trips but no car hire . Any London airport with a direct flight.

Authentic surroundings, but not dead!

Thanks

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Greece?

Ok you will get loads of different views on here, heres mine!! Try Agios Gordios on the West coast of Corfu, beautiful beach, great Tavernas, short transfer time and a couple of lively latr night bars if the mood takes you! Easy access to Corfu Town by bus which makes a great day out. Package holidays available via Thomas Cook, see what you think?

http://www.agios-gordios.net/

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,963 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Greece?

Do some research for the options available on packages and narrow your choices according to your preferences. Then return here for some more dedicated advice.

Essex
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Greece?

Thanks for reply's. I have done some research and the more places I cover, and the more reviews I read, seem to make the decision harder.

I have looked at Kefalonia - perhaps Nine Muses? - Crete and Santorini. There is so much accommodation as well. It's a mine-field. Adult focused preferred

6. Re: Where to stay in Greece?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 19, 2012