We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Hellas Review

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Dolphin Hellas Review

I just wanted to write a quick review for Dolphin Hellas, hopefully it will help some people in their selection process!

My husband and I traveled to Greece in April 2010. We chose Dolphin Hellas based on reviews we read and price. We were budget conscious, but not necessarily low budget travelers (if that makes any sense).

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Uli Perschau and her team. Our original flight was cancelled due to the Volcano in Iceland. We were traveling on a Saturday and the agency was closed by the time we received the notice. I immediately called and emailed and someone followed up with me on Sunday to help reschedule everything. There were no penalties and Dolphin Hellas took care of everything. We were able to travel about 2 weeks after our original scheduled trip.

THEN, while we were in Nafplio it was announced that there was going to be a strike the day we were scheduled to take a hydrofoil to an island. Uli contacted us at the hotel and moved everything around so we could leave for the island one day early again with no penalties.

We definitely had bad luck with circumstances and would not have been able to get everything taken care if it wasn't for the agents at Dolphin Hellas.

We had an absolutely wonderful trip! We handled our own flights and most of our sightseeing, just used Dolphin Hellas for hotels and transportation throughout Greece and one excursion.

I would recommend Dolphin Hellas to anyone traveling to Greece. They were helpful and always friendly. Since this was my first trip to Greece, they were helpful in every aspect I could have hoped for.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Dolphin Hellas Review

Uli is very good. She got us a private car at 4am to get to the airport during a taxi strike a few years ago.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
2. Re: Dolphin Hellas Review

I too want to add that Dolphin Hellas is really excellent! Uli Perschau planned a wonderful holiday for my husband and I in June 2010. She was very patient to answer all my questions and honest to tell me if she was unable to get me good rates. She understood my needs to adjust budget when necessary and all the arrangements she made for us was flawless! I have never had such a wonderful arrangements by a travel agent and would not hesitate to recommend them.

This review took me a while to write but today I am reminded of what good service is when i tried to book a trip to Japan and a travel agency called My Tokyo Guide.com was pretty stuck up and sounded disinterested in our business - when we asked about breakdown of hotel rates, the travel agent said, "As you have asked as about the Tokyo Hotel and now you are asking us for the only Hokkaido package prices?".. "If are looking only for the cheapest price please book with your local Malaysian Company"

Anyhow, please use Dolphin Hellas when you travel to beautiful Greece, you will not regret it! Greece is sooo gorgeous and their people make it even more special!

Edited: 7:30 am, November 18, 2010
Florence, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
3. Re: Dolphin Hellas Review

I have to agree with the previous posters that Dolphin Hellas is a great travel agency that will make it easy (and affordable) to plan you travels through Greece.

My wife and I book a 10 day trip that took us to Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. Uli listened to our needs and offered us the best arrangement of hotels, ferries, and island transportation. Not only was their price very competitive but she gave us exactly what we needed.

Note: the only thing we excluded from the package was transportation from the Athen's hotel to the port back and forward since it's much cheaper to get a taxi at the hotel. :)

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
4. Re: Dolphin Hellas Review

We don’t have words to express our gratitude with Dolphin-Hellas. Aliki, our tour agent, was spectacular!!! She moved mountain to do everything we wanted. We contacted her 8 months before our travel. We sent our itinerary to her and she gave her opinion about everything: the places, the transportation, the hotels… And most of the time, she answered us in 1 day. Very confident, polite and efficient. Really, the best tour agent ever. In the end, we did all reservations with Dolphin-Hellas because of her: tranfers, hotels, tours, cruise, everything. And even if the tour hadn’t the transfer, she gave us the transfer between places. We had some problems to buy some fly tickets by ourselves… We contacted super Aliki: the prices of Dolphin-Hellas were cheaper than the ones we found on internet. We bought one of the best rooms in the “Jewels of Aegean” cruise. One week before the cruise, we won an update and we stayed in the best room of the cruise. Actually, it was a flat with room, living room, closet and a bathroom with a bathtub. All the guides, the hotels and transportations were great. Our driver always arrived before the scheduled time. If you want a VIP treatment, you have to travel to Greece with Dolphin-Hellas.

Edited: 6:06 pm, November 05, 2011
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
5. Re: Dolphin Hellas Review

Our group of 12 adults & 3 small children just returned to Malaysia from a wonderful 10 days trip to Greece packaged by Dolphin Hellas in May 2012. Like what earlier posters said, Dolphin Hellas is indeed a great travel agent; reliable and offers value for money packages. Also, I had the pleasure of dealing with Eleni Kourtesi in planning the trip and she was the most patient & obliging travel advisor that I have ever met. She would try to accomodate all our requests, especially since we had 3 young children (age 1-3) travelling with us. Kudos to Dolphin Hellas on having such good & dedicated staff. Hotels chosen for the trip were great & we had a pair of wonderful guide (esp chosen by Eleni) & driver.

Need a good travel agent for Greece.... Dolphin Hellas of course!

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Dolphin Hellas Review

My wife and I recently returned from a three week trip to Greece arranged by Chrissa at Dolphin Hellas. She and they did a fantastic job. We had specific places we wanted to go and see and Chrisa arranged a great trip. We travelled on the mainland as well as to Crete, Santorini, Mykonos, and Skopelos. She timed everything so we got ferries on the days we needed them. She even arranged for the bus returning to Athens from Meteora to drop us at Kammena Vourla so we could go to Skopelos. We were very pleased withe hotels and tours she arranged for us.

There was one glitch- two days before our arrival, Chrisa found out that all the archaeological sites were going to be closed on Sunday for elections. She did a terrific job rearranging our trip so we saw everything we wanted to see. She even called us in the cab from the Athens airport into the city to discuss the changes.

I would highly recommend Dolphin Hellas and Chrisa.

7. Re: Dolphin Hellas Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 19, 2013