We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek Island for HONEYMOON

UK
7 posts
Greek Island for HONEYMOON

Hiya. I'm planning a honeymoon trip for this late August. Any idea of rather quiet & peaceful Greek island with nice beaches? (My husband wants a beach holiday!!! But I would be more happy if there are other attractions as well!) We'd like to avoid resorts where are full of British families...

Thinking about Kos or Santorini, but not sure yet. Still pretty open to other options.

Anyone can help please?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,326 posts
1. Re: Greek Island for HONEYMOON

There aren't too many nice beaches in Santorini and Kos will most definitely be full of British families. Have you considered Naxos? It has everything, nice beaches, mountains, ancient ruins, a picturesque old town and it's not too popular with the Brits. Also it's close enough to a number of other islands, such as Paros and Santorini, which you can visit on a day trip.

UK
7 posts
2. Re: Greek Island for HONEYMOON

Thanks for your reply. I've heard about Naxos too. Will have a look & do some research today. Any hotel

Day trip to other islands sounds great. Is it easy to get a boat/ ferry to neighbouring islands from Naxos? Because I checked online, sometimes the ferry time schedule is a bit strange.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,326 posts
3. Re: Greek Island for HONEYMOON

Well, it's easy all right, but it may require an early start, like 7 AM or earlier. In August there should be plenty of routes operating so quite a lot of choice. Maybe not all of them are available online yet?

greece
Level Contributor
53 posts
4. Re: Greek Island for HONEYMOON

milos is one of the best greek islands withe the most beatifull beaches.milos called the island of couples.where ever you go in milos you see only couples.its very romadic island and the beaches is wonderful

UK
7 posts
5. Re: Greek Island for HONEYMOON

Thanks for the idea. I've ruled out Kos from my list!!!

I've planned go to Santorini for 3 nights (as there is flight directly from London) and stay at the other island where is more quiet & relaxing for another 4 nights.

Naxos & Milos also sounds great to me. I'll have a look for the ferry connection & the hotels.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
47 reviews
51 helpful votes
6. Re: Greek Island for HONEYMOON

Hi there sinobean …

Having visited many Greek islands over the years my wife and I “found” Naxos a few years ago – really enjoyed it and have visited many times since. Its become special as we got married there at the Portara in 2006! Everyone in the town made us feel so very special and helped a lot with the arrangements in fact we almost felt they were honoured we have chosen their island to have our wedding!

The main town has got everything you could want – a beach, harbour, plenty of restaurants and bars to suit all ages and tastes, a lovely old town plus so much else around the island to see and do.

As for hotels – well we have always used the Porto Naxos (www.portonaxoshotel.com) and although its relatively expensive by Greek island standards the superb facilities and rooms are definitely worth it!

Hope you do make it to Naxos and I am sure you will have a great time!

7. Re: Greek Island for HONEYMOON

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 19, 2009