We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost for Greece Trip

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cost for Greece Trip

Hello,

I'm travelling to Greece Sept 19 - Oct 1 which I believe to be closer to the end of high season. I will be spending 3 nights in Athens, 4 day Classical Tour, 3 days on Crete, 3 days on Santorini. The best quote I've gotten is $3800 for 2 adults. We would be in 4* hotels and fly between islands.

When I read lonely planet, it seems like things should be cheaper. Should I be looking elsewhere to plan my trip?

Thanks in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

What does this $3800 include?

If it does I would take it. Lonely planet told you things would be cheaper? I spent about $7000 on my trip, and I was alone. And I did not stay in expensive hotels. The most I paid for a hotel was 80 euros a night. But I was there for 20 days.

If this is for two people, its roughly $184 a day. So, 116 euros ($92 per person per day, or 58 eruos per person per day). If that includes 4star hotels thats pretty good. Dont forget you have to add 60% on things in euros when you switch it over to Canadian.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

$3,800 for two adults for two weeks at four-star hotels with inter-island air transfers sounds like a very good price to me. That's probably a package deal through Transat or Holiday House, right? And does that include taxes and fuel surcharges, or would those be extra? We have travelled to Greece on Transat packages as well as on our own (self-booked over the Internet), and our own trips were always significantly cheaper. But they still cost much, much more than $3,800.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

Dang.. if that is not per person.. I should go book that. like, ASAP.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

My thoughts exactly, Prime. That $3,800 is in the ballpark of what it has cost us in the past per person.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

I would totally be on the next flight to Greece if that was the case. Well, I am actually Always looking at the last minute fares to Greece. If I find one that is suitable I WILL be on the next flight to Greece! Haha.

I like the new pic Donny!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

Can any of you beautiful people convert this amount in euros for me?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

Just to clarify, this price doesn't include my flight to Athens. I live in northern canada and the flights alone are costing us another 3800 bucks between the two of us.

I believe the $3800 for the greece package includes everything (taxes/surcharges) but to be sure I have asked my agent! Thanks for bringing up that!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

Where in Northern Canada??

Thalia, its about 2390 euros.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

We're flying out of Fort McMurray and all flights are always overpriced coming out of there. So, we don't have a choice on what to pay for flights but I can control what I pay for our tours while we are in Greece.

It sounds like you all are saying $3800 for 2 adults for just the Greece package (not including flight to ATH) is still a good deal?

I would definitely go down to 3* hotels but this agent doesn't do less than 4*. Fantasy Travel and other agencies I contacted charge almost $4000 (2 adults) for the same thing with 3* hotels and ferries.

I would like to try and book it all myself online but it sounds like it's alot easier to go through an agent.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost for Greece Trip

So, it's almost 1200 euros per person, for 12 days.

If it includes tickets, hotels, any other form of transportation AND meals than it is ok.

If it doesn't iclude meals, then I think you can do better on your own.

For example, last year I went to Tinos with a friend. We stayed in a small studio, we went by ferry (1st class) and returned by High Speed, we used taxis and buses, we brought souvenirs for friends and relatives, we bought breakfast from pasrty shops, lunch from bakeries or beach bars, had dinner at restaurants and went every night for dessert and/or drinks. For all that we paid less than 500 euros each and it was August, the peak of high season!