We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala

Hello guys, I need someones help, how can I get from Thessaloniki airport to Kavala? My friend says there's only one bus per day, is there possibility to get at 8:30 Kifsos station from Thessaloniki airport? And I'm also worried about way back becuase my plane from Thessaloniki is at 10-30 am... Is there any train connection between them that could be better in this case? Suggest me anything, except the taxi that would probably take about 100 eu from airport to Kavala...

Mentioned in this post
Kavala
Kavala
Kavala Region, Greece
From Thessaloniki
From Thessaloniki
26 Reviews
Thessaloniki, Greece
2 replies to this topic
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,592 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala

most people hire a car and I think it is a 2.5 hour journey. I heard there is a bus but don't know of anybody on the forum using it to help

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala

Your friend has it completely wrong. There is a bus between Thessaloniki and Kavala (and vice versa) every hour on the hour between 8AM and 8PM and some more before and after that.

A train is no use as there are 2 trains a day between Thessaloniki and Drama, the closest you get to Kavala by train. From Drama there is a bus every 30 minutes to Kavala between 8AM and 3PM. Otherwise it’s every hour. For the bus between Thessaloniki and Kavala, look at www.ktelmacedonia.gr

Mentioned in this post
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
Kavala
Kavala
Kavala Region, Greece
Drama
Drama
Drama Region, Greece
Reply to: URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted