We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bareboat Sailing in Greek Islands

Bainbridge Island...
Level Contributor
2 posts
187 reviews
Bareboat Sailing in Greek Islands

We are planning a bareboat sailing trip to Greece the first week in September, and as I research, I find the choices overwhelming. I am looking for feedback on locations and charter companies. Anybody here on TA have experiences they would like to share? I am an experienced sailor with papers. We are a family of four who would like to experience natural beauty, some history, a little nightlife, and some adventure. Thoughts?

4 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,882 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Bareboat Sailing in Greek Islands

Try to use the "Search" option to find reviews and reports from other travellers.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Bareboat Sailing in Greek Islands

I have rented frequently an apartment in Perigiali, Lefkada and could see the changeover every weekend from Nisos yacht charter. Looked very professional to me.

You can find reviews about them here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

And all reviews are positive so they go coinside with what I saw.

This is their website: http://www.nisosyachtcharter.com/

Edited: 5:59 am, April 30, 2017
Washington...
Level Contributor
4 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Bareboat Sailing in Greek Islands

Interested in how the charter went.... we're n the planning stages of a charter departing Athens and heading for the Cyclades. We're planning late June (next year), possibly with a captain/ crew. One of the other couples is worried about safety afloat and at dock.... are the majority of ports tie ups to the quays or anchor out? Appreciate the response!

Bainbridge Island...
Level Contributor
2 posts
187 reviews
4. Re: Bareboat Sailing in Greek Islands

We had a great time and I do have some input for you. We felt very safe everywhere we went. If you wish to be at dock at night, then you can plan your trip accordingly. We like more remote spots, so we did anchor out most nights. Felt perfectly safe. They gave us a heavy anchor with lots of chain. If you have not performed a stern tie to quay, then I would recommend a captain. I enjoyed the challenge, but I am rather adventurous. Best of luck!

Reply to: Bareboat Sailing in Greek Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted