We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which room at the imperial boat house ?

essex england
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which room at the imperial boat house ?

We are looking to book this hotel for feb 2014 and woild like some advise on room choice thinkinf either poolside terrace or premier room whic is best ???

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

Hi Cookie,

We've just come back from the Boathouse and stayed in a Premier room. It was fine, good size with an recently renovated bathroom. The balcony is also a bonus, having access to the afternoon sun.

We have stayed in one of the poolside rooms before but would recommend the Premier room, as long as stairs are not an issue for you.

Hope that helps you out.

australia
Level Contributor
882 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

Agree with Andrew we stayed in a poolside room and son was in premier room. We didn't have separate shower it was over bath, sons bathroom was definitely bigger and we felt his room may have been bigger too although we had an extra shower on balcony I found it had mozzies sometimes hanging around. There is no lifts so just make sure on what floor you are on if stairs a problem. This hotel is excellent to stay in staff, position etc are great.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

Sorry, off topic for a sec. Hi Bez, just read your review of the Boathouse. We were there at the same time as your family, my wife took a photo of you and your son in the pool for you. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Sorry for the thread hijack, carry on folks.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

Hi Cookie,

Both Andrew & Bez make very good points.

The Poolside Terrace Room is on the ground floor and is 56 sqm (incl balcony) whereas the Premier Room is both on ground floor as well as upper floors and is 52 sqm.

The bathroom in the Premier is indeed more spacious, but this leaves the Poolside Terrace with more floor space for the living/sleeping area.

The Poolside Terrace has a flatscreen TV, whereas the Premier has a regular TV.

The Poolside doesn't have any connecting rooms, so should you be traveling as a party with 2 rooms, I would suggest the Premier.

I hope this gives you a bit more information to make your decision and the team & I hope to be able to welcome you to our hotel in Feb 2014.

Warmest regards,

Doeke

Doeke Bonga

General Manager

Imperial Boat House

essex england
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

Thanks everyone for the helpfull adivise hopevto book this very soon !

essex england
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

We have now booked the Imperial boat for 10 begining of Feb 2014 premier room booked. Thanks for the adivise. Looking forward to it very much.

england
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

Hi Doeke

we are coming to visit you on 11-21 Feb and we are really looking forward to it. It is to celebrate my birthday so there will be me and my husband and our 3 children, they are aged 32, 22 and 12. We are not sure what would be the best set up for us as far as the rooms are concerned, our 32 year old wants us all to upgrade to a barge but I am worried that they would only sleep x2 so we wont have enough space. If the 12 year old sleeps in with us will she have a separate bed? Which rooms are the biggest for us to sleep in if we need to have 3 in a room? currently we are booked into a premier.

I look forward to hearing from you

London
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

How far is the Boat House to bars/restaurants? Is the beach a picturesque postcard type beach with good swimming?

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

Etting. Yes the beach is picture postcard, and yes with great swimming. Dozens of restaurants right outside the hotel, either in the main street or on the beach and all within 5 minutes walk of the hotel.

Edited: 2:15 pm, January 08, 2014
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which room at the imperial boat house ?

Picturesque postcard except for the hoards of people.....

Get answers to your questions about Choeng Mon
More Choeng Mon Topics