We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas on South Beach 235C

Which Jolly Harbour hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Muskegon
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Villas on South Beach 235C

Hi there. My husband and I will be going to Jolly Harbor in February for 5 weeks. We really like to grill out but our villa does not have a grill. We had initially booked in villa 228B, which had a grill, and they were suppose to save for us and did not so they placed us in 235C. Does anyone know if this complex has grills for guests to use? I tried asking the management of this villa to get us one but she has not gotten back to us yet. Is there a good book to get that tells of all the things to do on the island and recommendations for restaurants? One more question are there special phones to get to use there as my service charges an arm and a leg for service outside the US? Thanks!!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas on South Beach 235C

Of the two, 235c is much the nicer villa, particularly in terms of furnishings (I know both of them). I'm very surprised that it doesn't have a grill, and would be asking your agent to ensure there is one there for your stay.

If you're having problems, try another agent - I would highly recommend www.typicallytropicalvillas.com, who have an excellent range of villas, and ensure that you have the amenities you're expecting.

You may find the current issues of the tourist magazines already in your villa, otherwise, there are always copies up at the Crows Nest (next to the main pool). As for things to do on island, they're all listed and reviewed here on TA.

There are plenty of restaurants at the Marina complex, as well as many more within a very short distance, covering pretty much every type of food and budget.

As for phones, we tend to just use skype or whatsapp (which is free provided you have wifi access either at your villa or at one of the bars or restaurants). However for an extended stay, you will probably want a local phone for making reservations and to give people from overseas a number to reach you on. Again, this should be provided with your villa, and you simply buy credit up at the supermarket. If it isn't you can buy a phone or sim card only if you have an unlocked quad band phone of your own from one of the local providers.

Muskegon
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas on South Beach 235C

Thanks so much for your reply. We have already put a deposit on this villa so will have to stick with them. It was kind of weird as one agent we spoke to said they would provide a grill and the other one said she didn't know why the first one said that, that it was up to the owner to provide one. We will figure it out, but glad we got the better villa anyway.

Should we bring eastern Caribbean dollars with us or do they have a pretty good exchange there? thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas on South Beach 235C

The second person you spoke to was actually right - it is up to the individual owners to provide facilities at their villas, but a grill is a pretty standard thing to include now, and I'm surprised there isn't one. I would persevere with them and ask if they can persuade the owner to put one in, especially for such a long stay.

Coming from the US, you might just as well bring some US. The exchange rate is fine at the bank, but not great with individual traders/establishments. You can withdraw EC dollars locally at the ATM in the commercial centre at the marina.

4. Re: Villas on South Beach 235C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Jolly Harbour