We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions where to eat on first evening please

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
suggestions where to eat on first evening please

Hi, we should arrive in La Cala around 8:30p.m so plan a quick freshen up and then out for a meal.As this will be our first visit please could anyone recommend a reliable restaurant where we may be able to just turn up and have a nice meal? thanks in advance

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,070 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions where to eat on first evening please

I've only ever eaten at the restaurant by the beach in La Cala but there are lots of different restaurants in the village. Whereabouts are you staying?

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions where to eat on first evening please

We are staying at mijas club playa. Is there a central area where there may be a choice of restaurants?I've looked on google street but can't see a particular area. We have our 13 year old grandson with us so would like to know where to head for on our first night as we won't have had chance to find our way around.

Thanks for your reply Ceejay.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,070 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions where to eat on first evening please

There is the main square area, there are restaurants of every type there, Indian, Chinese, an Irish pub and some typically Spanish one (one I seem to remember does steaks etc). Have a look in the review section for some of the local restaurants that have been reviewed. Here's one I found on the review section:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1892987…

If you click the interactive map it shows you where other restaurants are located as well.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions where to eat on first evening please

Thank you, very helpful kind regards

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions where to eat on first evening please

Don't think you will get lost in La Cala. It is very small compared to other resorts. lol xxx Most restaurants have menus sitting on the tables or on a board so you can see what you fancy & prices. Remember the Spanish eat late so it should still be quite busy then. Karen

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions where to eat on first evening please

Thank you Karen, I think I know where to head to now. Really looking forward to our first visit - we were attracted by the fact that it appeared to be smaller than the other resorts and thus offer something different.

kind regards kevin

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions where to eat on first evening please

You will love it there. It's where my heart is but grand baby taking up my time at the moment. I intend to go back to live there in a couple of years time. It is a lovely mix of Spanish, English, Dutch etc & to me is heaven on earth.

8. Re: suggestions where to eat on first evening please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 10, 2015
Get answers to your questions about La Cala de Mijas
Recent Conversations