We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

Is it better to just get a taxi at the airport at Malaga to La Cala Mijas or should I book one in advance? Wanting to do trips to Rhonda, Gibraltar and possibly Nerja while we are there.. Dont really want to do the organized trips as they would be too long a day for me. Is there a bus to Rhonda from Fuengirola? Any idea of the cost and how long it takes to get there? Any ideas on buses from Fuengirola to Nerja? time it takes to get there and cost. Thanks for your help.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,349 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

There are plenty of taxis as you come out of the airport, alternatively get the train to Fuengirola and then a taxi (or local bus) from there.

For your day trips I would say do the organised day trips, they won't be any longer days really than if you go by public transport to everywhere.To get to Nerja for instance from Fuengirola you will need to go to Malaga and get the bus from there. Don't think there are any organised tours to Nerja though.

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

Thanks for your reply Ceejay, have decided to give Nerja a miss. I will look into the organized tours for Ronda. Thanks again.

wirral
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

Hi all,

well we booked vik gran hotel in the end thanks for all your replies;

Question now(maybe Tony can answer this one best for us)

is there a shuttle bus that runs from malaga airport to this hotel if so who do we book it with(we dont want to bother with trains/buses or costly taxis).

regards

laingy

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

Sorry, no shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. Even those staying in the Gran's only two "executive" suites have to pay their way. I'd have no hesitation taking the train to Fuengirola, then jumping in a cab when I come out the station.

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a bus service from la cala de mijas to Gibraltar please help thanks

Vanessa

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,349 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

No, there is no direct bus to Gibraltar from La Cala. You will need to go into Fuengirola to get a bus to La Linea (here's a link to the bus company: http://www.avanzabus.com/web/?lang=en) You could get a tour with one of the local tour companies in Fuengirola and I'm sure your hotel will have details of tours etc if you would prefer to go this way.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

How long will it take to get from Fuengirola station to la cala in a taxis and how much

would this cost.Do they have 6 seaters as there are 5 of us.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,349 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

It will take about 20 mins but they don't have 6 seaters. You can get the M220 bus from the bus station (near the rail station) and it stops in La Cala. Whereabouts in La Cala are you staying?

All taxis can only take 4 people at a time, there are some bigger cabs but I've not seen them near Fuengirola bus or rail station. You could check the price of a shuttle from the airport direct through transfersdelsol.com or travel republic.

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

Hi, we are staying at Oasis apartments in La Cala, hoping to take the M220 bus from Fuengirola. Can you tell me if the bus stops near the Oasis apartments. Thanks in advance

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,349 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport questions for La Cala Mijas

I think there's only one stop in La Cala, that's down by the fly over,you would then have to walk to the apartments. However, if you have a full address for the location you could check its exact location on google maps as there is a resort called Grangefield Oasis and that comes up when I look on google.

Get answers to your questions about La Cala de Mijas
More La Cala de Mijas Topics