We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good pubs in la Cala

Fife Scotland
9 posts
Save Topic
Good pubs in la Cala

Staying in la jardines de la noria in may, never visited la Cala before, what is there by way of pubs etc in the evening and how far is it to walk from apartment to main bar/ nightlife area. I am taking my parents who like pubs with some atmosphere, not karaoke, if possible, entertainers, and or sing songs, oh, and dancing as well ( asking a lot),, late opening pubs also required as they go out late.

How far is it to walk to the beach?

Is there a good fish and chip take away in the area??

Thanks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

Five or six minutes is all it takes to get to the village "hub" from where you are staying, and there are lots of bars and restaurants to choose from. Lovely rooftop dining area at The Terrace and beach-side Arroyo chiringuito is a delight at lunchtime.

Eight minutes will take you to the shoreline, but I am little help with the rest of your questions, having holidayed last week along the road at Los Jarales, Calahonda.

I do know there is a fish and chip takeway in La Cala, but have never used it. There are bound to be karaoke bars there, too, but not sure if the the bar I used (Smugglers) has such. Nice pint of Guinness here, by the way.

Hope this helps. Tony.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,454 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

There is an Irish Pub there, think it used to be called Biddy Mulligans and its always been full when we've been to La Cala. There is a restaurant which faces onto the beach (its on the corner) its not cheap but does do good food.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

Hi, I have just moved back to La Cala so will try and answer your questions.

Quite a few of the English pubs that have quiz nights etc and also a club that does tribute acts etc.

The fish & chip shop has been taken over but lots of Spanish & English places do Menu del dia, 3 course meals usually with a drink for €8 or €9. Also smaller portions called racions, bit bigger than tapas for about €4 served everywhere.

2 Large supermarkets, Supersol does british products but is dearer than Mercadona which has a great range and cheap.

La Cala is small but a really great & safe place but if you want more nightlife etc, the bus to Fuengirola only takes 15 minutes.

Oh and this is Spain, the spanish & people like me that live here eat late and so lots of places and people about late at night. Hope this helps. Karen

Malaga, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

Hi,

You're a 5 minute walk to La Cala. Biddy Mulligans Irish pub always open. Live music and acts at Legends every night...opposite Biddys.

Fish & chip shop closed down i'm afraid but there's lots of restaurants...especially the ones near the beach...best fish you'll ever have!

Enjoy your holiday

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

Hi there, instead of sticking to the pubs in the square in the centre of La Cala why not venture along the road to the Butibamba area of La Cala where you will find an excellent Spanish Bbar/Restaurant called Los Granainos and is run by Miguel and his wife. It is surrounded by little white wash houses and is really a hidden gem.

Yarm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

Is there any apartmntd on the beach please?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

mijas playa apartments are really a 2 min walk. You can book through lacalalettings.com. There is also lacalamanagement.com who have a range of apartments. As long as you ask for an apartment on beach side of road you are always a two min walk to beach

La Cala de Mijas...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

I love Biddy Mulligans myself. Was just there yesterday, and I can't say that it was my first. Hope you either had or will have a great time down here. I try to come back at least twice per year to La Cala de Mijas and Biddy always makes the list of places to go, even on short stays. Great beer and plenty of it. Bar food doesn't exist in the off-season, and is good in the regular season (or did I get it from across the street? I will have to check with a witness).

Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

We just came back from La Cala yesterday and had a fantastic time. Last Sunday we stopped for a drink at Bar CalaBellla, run by British couple June and Gordon. What a lovely place. We sat outside with our beer and could smell the most gorgeous Sunday lunches cooking. We left and wandered around for a bit looking for something to eat but the smell from Bar CalaBella brought us back. We ordered two roast beef lunches and were certainly not disappointed. Lovely lunch, spot on was what my other half said. The tables were nearly all booked so we were lucky to get one. June and Gordon are really lovely, friendly and welcoming. Would definately recommend Bar CalaBella.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good pubs in la Cala

Where in La Cala is Bar CalaBella?

Get answers to your questions about La Cala de Mijas