We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

Which Viana do Castelo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

Hi, just returned from Portugal and have realised this afternoon I left my precious camera full of special photos at a beach front restaurant in Viana Do Castelo!!! Want to phone them to see if they've had it handed in and to see if I can get it back somehow (courier?)

But...I can't remember the name of the restaurant! And am googling madly but still can't find it. Here's what I know and hopefully someone out there will be able to let me know the name, and I can hopefully find the phone number..

It was on the beach, literally you step off the deck onto the sand. On Av da Praia Norte and corner with R. de Sao Tome e Principe I think. Lots of table and chairs outside and inside a total boat theme. i.e. portholes along the bar, a ships's lantern, a table that is made from a huge boat propeller(!) Sells seafood, omelettes etc.

The outside of the building is a dark wood and the name begins with an "L" I think. It was right along the way from a place called Asia Restaurant with chinese dragons/lion statues outside.

Please help if you can. It has photos of my son's Christmas (I know I should have downloaded them by now...) as well as lots of other precious shots.

I will call tourist info on Monday to ask if they know the name, phone number but ideally I'd like to call the restaurant before then.

They also didn't speak English much and my Portuguese is non existent almost, so I'll need to get a friend to phone them but I have a Portuguese mate in London on standby.

I don't know why it's not turning up in any of the google searches.

8 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,349 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

There's a restaurant named "Lagosteiro" close to Praia do Norte (don't know if it's exactly where you describe).

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

Thank you! That is it!! I was so excited when I got your message.

But....the number listed for them 258 821 345 is not working!! Infuriating.... It says "This number cannot be recognised" I'm using all the right codes for Portugal.

Not sure what to do next. Do you by any chance know the name of the bar just along from Lagosteiro? I might be able to persuade them to pop next door and ask for me if the camera's there. I wish i knew someone who lived near there.

Thanks for you help in this. Tripadvisor is amazing

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

Or does anyone know of an English business in Viana Do Castelo so I might phone them to get their help in retrieving the camera; my Portuguese is non existant...:-(

Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

Hi!

I also tried to contact them but that phone number is not working and I can't find another one. There's an hotel "Flor de Sal" near. Try to contact them because probably they are able to understand you and who knows...

Phone number: 00351258800100

Good luck

Edited: 10:21 am, April 10, 2011
London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

Thank you! My friend who speaks Portuguese tried the hotel for me, and the man on reception is going to try to find a correct number for Lagosteiro. Hopefully he might pop down after his shift ends!!

Thanks again.

x

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

Anyone on here with contacts in Viana Do Castelo who could help?

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

Been a wild goose chase and still no answer from Lagosteiro as to whether they still have my camera :-(

Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?

On my way to Galiza I stopped at Lagosteiro and asked for your camera. The owner (i think), a female, told me that she already talked to you and the problem was being solved.

Good to know!

Reply to: Does anyone know Viana Do Castelo well?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Viana do Castelo
More Viana do Castelo Topics