We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

rome
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

Hi

I've checked the ALSA website and I see that there are 3 buses a day from OPO to Santiago

Has anyone taken these buses because I'm wondering if I have to book it in advance.

I'm not sure if I will be able to catch the bus at 9.45 a.m (the next one is at 1:00 pm)

but I'm also afraid if I do get to the airport before then, there may be no available tickets.

Are the seats usually all taken on Saturdays/??

hope you guys can help me thanx!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

There is also a bus (operated by AUTNA) from Porto Airport to Vigo, from where you can take a train to Santiago de Compostela - see www.autna.com but be aware that the site is only in Spanish and you must buy a ticket in advance if my understanding is correct.

The actual timetable is at http://www.autna.com/horarios.pdf and they have a departure on Saturdays at 1020am to Vigo.

It's very rare for any long distance bus here to be full except on Fridays and Sundays also around major holidays.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

I just did this bus yesterday and there were 5 people including the driver. I don't think the driver can sell ticket, but don't know.

I posted a message with my experience on the Santiago forums.

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

you don't need to buy or book before at AUTNA, you can buy the tickets directly to the driver.

rome
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

Thank you all!

I bought a ticket online just now and it says " Boarding is closed 30 min before departure time"

Is this true?????

Cause I can barely make it on time, if even possible. I mean, 30 minutes before is almost impossible !

Do they really close the boarding 30 minutes before departure?? Well, it's just a bus;;;;

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

To Vigo you don't need the 30 minutes, if you want to confirm call 0034986288030

6. Re: Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:03 am, December 11, 2013
7. Re: Porto airport (OPO) to Santiago de Compostela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 12, 2014