We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro travel advice

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Metro travel advice

I am travelling to Porto for 4 days. Will use metro to travel from airport to hotel, close to Trindade metro station.

We will be travelling to Maia each day.

Will it be cheaper to pay for return tickets to Maia each day separately, or is it cheaper to get an Andante for a couple of days.

We may have some spare time and intend to look round Porto, but was intending to walk from our hotel close to Trindade station. Is this possible, or be better to travel by metro?

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,000 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro travel advice

Trindade to Maia is €1,45 each way plus 50 cents for the card when you buy the first ticket, so I make that's a total of €12,10 for the four return trips.

Maia is in zone 3 (Z3)

A 24 hour Z3 Andante ticket is 5 Euro. A ten ride + 1 Z3 ticket (11 rides for the price of 10) is €14,50 plus the 50 cents for the card.

Depending on how much you might otherwise use the metro , trams or buses a 10 ride ticket might be better value for money. And it would save fiddling around for change every day.

The Andante tour ticket is 15 Euros for 3 days.

Time to do the sums! And there's a lot of hills in Porto so getting around by metro, tram and bus will save your feet.

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro travel advice

Thank you so much. That info was just what I needed, and more than I expected. Should be able to decide which ticket to get before we get there now.

3. Re: Metro travel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 14, 2013