We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from the airport to Villa de Gaia at midnight

Cracow, Poland
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from the airport to Villa de Gaia at midnight

Hello,

I am going to Porto with my family (2 adults, one 4-year-old, one teenager, one senior :) in 2 weeks. I have checked the metro website and I know that I will need to have a transfer at Trindade. We have booked the appartment in Villa de Gaia (Av. Diogo Leite) so we should get to Jardim do Morro I guess. We are arriving from Paris at 23:55 so there is a chance we are able to take the last metro at 00:36 to Trindade. And my worries are:

1. Is is a good idea to go to Trindade and then take a taxi if we miss the last connection to Villa de Gaia?

2. Should we take Limo taxi and if so how much the fare might be at night to Villa de Gaia?

3. And we are taking 5 small suitcases and a stroller. Uppss... With a metro it does not matter but how about the taxi at night?

Thanks for any comments,

By the way I have already been to Porto and just cannot wait to see it again and show the best places to my family!

Feel free to ask me anything about Cracow, Poland :)

Ewa

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,261 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from the airport to Villa de Gaia at midnight

With all that luggage at midnight take a taxi from the airport to Gaia, ask for one of the bigger taxis that can carry all your family and luggage.

2. Re: How to get from the airport to Villa de Gaia at midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:57 pm, September 08, 2012
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,958 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from the airport to Villa de Gaia at midnight

There is a connection at Trindade towards Vila Nova de Gaia. The detailed timetable leaflet does not give complete times for line D, but the last metro trom the airport arrives at Trindad at 0103 and the line D train leaves Trindad about 10 minutes later so far as I ascertain.

But with all those people and baggage I agree a taxi from the airport would be a sensible option if more expensive.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from the airport to Villa de Gaia at midnight

I would really recommend that you get a taxi at that time of the night - especially with a young child. We stayed in an apartment in Ave Diego Leite last month (may be the same one). If you get a tram Jardim de Morro is up a very steep hill from where you want to be. It is at the top of the D. Louis bridge and you are at the bottom. If you are not sure of your directions it would be difficult to find your way to the apartment late at night. It is a lovey area though.

5. Re: How to get from the airport to Villa de Gaia at midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 29, 2013