We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon to Porto via Obidos

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon to Porto via Obidos

Hi is it possible to get a train from Lisbon to Porto, with a quick stop in Obidos on the way?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,353 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon to Porto via Obidos

Quick answer, NO.

You'll have to take a bus from Lisboa to Óbidos and then some kind of connection by bus to Santarém or Coimbra to get the trains going to Porto.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon to Porto via Obidos

Added to which the Rede Expressos long distance network does not go to Óbidos, so you will need to brave the Rodotejo service from Lisbon Campo Grande (timetable http://www.rodotejo.pt/media/rapidas/horario_verde.pdf) then after your visit take one of their buses the short distance to Caldas Da Rainha to pick up the Rede Expressos service to Porto - www.rede-expressos.pt for their times.

Getting out of Óbidos to the north other than by what in the UK are called coaches is just about impossible. There are only about 4 trains a day and they don't even go halfway to Porto.

Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon to Porto via Obidos

Here's my suggestion:

Either you go from Lisbon to Obidos and back and then catch a train to Porto, or you can go from Lisbon to Obidos, then go to Caldas da Rainha, which is about 10 minutes away, and catch a bus to Porto. Here are some links:

- For the Lisbon (Campo Grande) to Obidos bus: rodotejo.pt/horarios/…0

- For the Obidos to Caldas da Rainha bus: rodotejo.pt/horarios/…0

- For the Caldas da Rainha to Porto bus search through here: http://www.rede-expressos.pt/default.aspx

I don't recomend the train for Obidos, since the station is a bit out of the centre.

Richmond VA
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lisbon to Porto via Obidos

Great feedback!! We are visiting Lisbon for 4 nights, Obidos for 1 night and Porto for 3 nights. I am researching the same topic. We would like to stay with public transportation but have considered renting a car in Lisbon the day we leave for Obidos. Is one alternative reccomended over the other? I cannot seem to find prices on rodotejo. Looks like $17.30 euros each traveler from Caldas da Rainha to Porto on rede-expressos. So I assume cost of car rental vs bus will be similar.

5. Re: Lisbon to Porto via Obidos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 28, 2013