We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling by bus

liverpool
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling by bus

I am travelling to portugal in may and am wondering if it is necessary to book buses. I have tried to book a train ticket but there seems to be so many dates that you cant book. Is this because they are all booked up? Seems incredible if so. Do you think its a good idea to book buses before travelling or is there really no need. I will be travelling from porto to lisbon and from lisbon to lagos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oporto
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling by bus

don't bother to book train or bus trips!!! No, they are not full yet,...

you can buy train tickets on atm's when you are here...

Filipe

filipeoliv@netcabo.pt

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,439 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling by bus

In Portugal you can book train tickets not more than one month in advance. So if you are planning a number of journeys or a round trip it's the date of the last journey that counts. For example today 9th April the latest date you can book is 8th May. Some bus companies (ie long distance bus companies) allow bookings a maximum of eight days ahead.

Reservations are required on all inter-city trains and most long-distance buses (what in England we would call coaches)although you can often get a seat at the last minute except around public holidays.

liverpool
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling by bus

Thanks very much. Very useful information.