We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation and Parking in Porto

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation and Parking in Porto

We are looking to stay in Porto for three nights in late August. We are traveling about Portugal in a rental car and parking is definitely a consideration as we will keep the rental throughout. Does anyone know what the parking is like in and around the Ribeira?

Is it better to stay out of the centre? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation and Parking in Porto

There are underground paying parkings in downtown, but the city also has good public transports options so there's no problem to stay "outside" in an hotel with parking. visitporto.travel/Visitar/…PortoCard.aspx

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation and Parking in Porto

We have stayed twice at the PortoTrindade, which is a 15/20 min. downhill walk to the Ribeira. They have a special offer for their customers who can park their car in a nearby (300 m) underground parking. The hours between 18 :15 and 9:15 are paid by the hotel. Hourly tariff during the day is (only) 1.50 euro.

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation and Parking in Porto

Great tip! I'm also researching a Portugal trip with rental car so this might come in handy:)

NJ
Level Contributor
714 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation and Parking in Porto

I just stayed at this apartment in the Ribeira. Parking was also a big concern for us when we were considering it. The owner just told us not to worry and they would help us to find a free parking. I went with their words and sure they showed us a couple of places to park. Also you can drive into the Ribeira area after 7pm. There is an alley right next to the apartment where you can park and I think very few people know about it. I was there last week, so I don't know if the situation will be the same in the summer. The apartment has a view to die for and we were glad that we took the risk. You can read my review here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/627273

5. Re: Accomodation and Parking in Porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 22, 2013