We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days for Porto???

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
How many days for Porto???

I am thinking of visiting Porto..How many days needed for Porto itself? 2 or 3? And another day for a day tour to braga and Guinmares.....???Many thxs!

France
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days for Porto???

It all depends on whether you want to take it slow or just "glance at it".

We just spent 8 days in Porto, and for us it's OK. Yes, we could have done it in 7 days , weather permitted, but did not regret taking our time on a rainy day just going to local places, and getting an idea on how the local people live.

we had planned to visit Braga and Guimaraes in one day, but ended up spending over half a day at each place(i.e. too late to catch a bus from Braga to Guimaraes) as they are both lovely places.

That said, if you don't have much time, you can always plan 5 days visiting Porto, Braga and Guimaraes.

Hope you'll have fun.

We did!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days for Porto???

I'd say 2 days for Porto if you don't want to visit museums.

Otherwise 1 day more.

And indeed 1 day for Guimaraes/Braga.

If you have yet 1 more day, see the Douro valley, either by boat or train.

Athens
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days for Porto???

I am not big on museums..I prefer outdoor sights ,cathedrals etc..street markets...and blending in with the locals..Any day bus tours to Santiago?????

Guimaraes, Portugal
Level Contributor
253 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days for Porto???

Maybe these threads helps

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189180-i598-k4461…

tripadvisor.com/…37746186

Athens
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days for Porto???

thankyou..

6. Re: How many days for Porto???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:38 pm, June 08, 2012
Edited: 11:38 pm, June 08, 2012
7. Re: How many days for Porto???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:40 pm, June 20, 2013