We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ibis porto centro or mercure porto centro

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ibis porto centro or mercure porto centro

hi there: arranging my vacation for this july. i have a choice between staying at the ibis porto centro or the mercure porto centro, rates are pretty much the same. is one better than the other?

is one closer to the train station, since i will be taking the train from porto to lisbon after my two days in porto. thank you

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
418 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ibis porto centro or mercure porto centro

They are both close to the station, maybe mercure is about 150 metres closer...

With both you know what to expect, if it were me and since rates are similar I would choose Mercure, as I like its location more.

Sofia

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ibis porto centro or mercure porto centro

Just stayed 3 nights in Ibis Centro in Porto having had the same quandary. Glad I did as the Mercure is in a much busier and noisier spot. Plus, was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room compared to Ibis in other cities. Either way, try to check out what must be the best value hearty meal in the town - 'Murca-No Porto' just about opposite the Ibis Hotel - 2 courses plus coffee and half a litre of house wine for €6.00! And it wasn't at all bad either!

Clare, Dublin

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ibis porto centro or mercure porto centro

thanks everyone great information

Porto
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: ibis porto centro or mercure porto centro

Hi,

Also take a look at www.hotelbb.pt. and about us here tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189180-d2522…

Hotel B&B Porto Centro is where I work and I can say that you can also have a great overnight with us for the best price!

46 per night and I'm glad to offer you breakfast buffet.

For tips about Porto see www.visitporto.travel/

Best regards,

Gisela

5. Re: ibis porto centro or mercure porto centro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, June 22, 2013