We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festa de Sao Joao

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
4 posts
Save Topic
Festa de Sao Joao

Hi,

We're going to be in Oporto for four nights around the Festa and are planning an overnight in the Pinhao area to see some Quintas. We're a young(ish) wine-centric couple and would love some advice on our itinerary:

Train to Pinhao (we can rent a car but this sounds like the best way?)

Afternoon boat tour

Overnight Quinta do Portal guest house

In between, we want to see some more quintas and eat some good local cuisine.

Should we eat at the guesthouse?

Are there other quintas that we can stop to tour between Pinhao and Portal (we will probably take a taxi).

Should we rent a car to get a better experience?

Any other advice is totally welcome!

Thanks,

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Festa de Sao Joao

Hi,

you'll love São Joao!!! Don´t miss it!

As for the other questions, my advice to you is go with the flow.... you have the most important details already planned. The rest should be decided in loco depending on your interests. You'll certainly find lots of interesting things to do. Let some parts of your trip unplanned. I always do that and end up having a great time with last minute decisions.

Just have fun!

Sérgio

Toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Festa de Sao Joao

Thanks Sergio!

I guess the car question was the most pressing for me.

Will definitely take your advice for having fun and staying loose though!

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Festa de Sao Joao

Yes, you should rent a car. It gives additional freedom to visit whatever you want. With a good road book you'll be just fine.

Have fun.

4. Re: Festa de Sao Joao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 31, 2009