We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to the Paiva Walkways

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
458 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to the Paiva Walkways

Hi Everyone

We will be traveling to Portugal in early October, and would like to visit the Paiva Walkways for the day. I don't believe there are public transportation options (as I've looked on many different occasions). It seems like the only options are to rent a car for the day, or perhaps join a tour? Ideally I'd like to have control of my own time if possible, so if we were to rent a car, how difficult is the drive from Porto to the walkways?

Of course, if there are public transportation options, please let me know as well.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
2 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,679 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to the Paiva Walkways

No public transports, GPS 40°59'34.67"N; 8°12'41.19"W or 40°57'9.68"N; 8°10'33.05"W once you exit the highway it's a lot of curvy roads, take your time. Be aware that you have to book your visit and that you'll need a taxi at the end to return. All info here http://www.passadicosdopaiva.pt/en

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
458 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to the Paiva Walkways

Thanks very much. I think in that case we may just take the day tour then. I think I'll be tired by the end of the hike...

Reply to: Day Trip to the Paiva Walkways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted