We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train trip from tunes to porto

Nr High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
train trip from tunes to porto

Going to silves this summer and interested in booking a day trip to porto for the family.

any assistance much apprecicated with regards how to find info and booking.

Many thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
52,128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train trip from tunes to porto

Impossible I'm afraid! It's a six hour journey.

The earliest you would get to Porto is 1305 and you need to be on the 1510 Porto to Lisbon to get the last train from Lisbon to Tunes.

You can do Lisbon (well worth a trip if you haven't been) in a day on this itinerary:

Tunes 0711

Lisbon Entrecampos 0933

Lisbon Entrecampos 1729 or 1929

Tunes 1954 or 2234

That would cost €37 return if booked on line; about 10% more if booked at the station. Advance booking is required.

There is a little station at Silves about a mile out of town with local connections for all these trains.

Portugal Railways website is at www.cp.pt some sections are only in Portuguese. You can book in advance (up to 30 days) and print your own tickets once registered. Painless; I have used it many times.

Hope that helps.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,238 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train trip from tunes to porto

I agree with cubsur's comments!

Just to add that as Silves station is a way out of town and taxis are few you may need to arrange for someone to drop you off and pick you up on your return.

3. Re: train trip from tunes to porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 23, 2009