We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in braganca

Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in braganca

Were taking a trip to Northern Portugal for 10 days in July. 2 adults and 2 children. We were there last year and had a wonderful time this year we were thinking of visiting Braganca in the tras os montes region for three or four days and we were wondering about a place to stay. The only thing the kids want is a pool. Any Ideas?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in braganca

portugalvirtual.pt/pousadas/…index.html

Try this one. It's not a 5 star hotel but it should be decent...

Enjoy your staying in Portugal.

Don't forget to visit the city of Mirandela!!!!

leicester, England
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in braganca

Hi, my family are also going to the north in july. I have researched quite a bit into self catrering properties, many of which are quite rural so you would need a car. Value for money seems to be good. Have a look at this website and them e-mail for availability. Many of the properties have pools. I'm not sure if you can do short stays but its definitely worth a look.

www.casasdacabreira.co.uk Regards.

leicester, England
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in braganca

sorry. Dont put "Regards " into your web address !!!!!!!!!

Ireland
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in braganca

Wotsits,

When in Braganca, what was there to do or see which would interest children. I am staying there also in July with 2 children aged 5 and 10,

Regards Don

leicester, England
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in braganca

Hi Don, we dont go until the middle of July ourselves so I'm just using travel guides at the moment. Our childern are older 12 and 14. Did you find somewhere to stay? Have a good holiday.

McMurdo, Antartica
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in braganca

The "pousada" is very good. Not very expensive, comfortable, cosy (specially in winter) and easy to find availability. It also has a good restaurant with local food and a panoramic view of the city and the surrounding countryside. It also has a pool.

Bragança is very nice and attractive city. It's not very big so you can easily make your way through town. Best attractions include the Citadel, the Cathedral and the centre of the city in general. Also, if you have time and willing to do so, rent a car at the Europcar agency in Avenida Sá Carneiro and visit the Parque Natural de Montesinho to the north of the town. It's wonderful and in the early winter the hills and valleys get some brown and dark-red colours which makes it a very nice scenery. Just like in a painting!

7. Re: where to stay in braganca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Braganca