We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Douro Valley hotels that cater for vegetoarns (not pescatari

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Douro Valley hotels that cater for vegetoarns (not pescatari

I am beginning to research options for next summer.

Are there any hotels that can cater for two veggies? or would we be better off staying in a city and doing day trip to the valley?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Douro Valley hotels that cater for vegetoarns (not pescatari

There will be plenty. What sort of hotel/area are you looking for?

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Douro Valley hotels that cater for vegetoarns (not pescatari

My priority would be a hotel with a pool that you can swim in. But that isn't easy to find!

We don't have children so not an all inclusive - we are as happy with a farm property as a 4/5 star.

But food and drink is always our priority ((we don't like being fobbed off with a salad - when everyone else gets that as a starter or a side dish!)

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Douro Valley hotels that cater for vegetoarns (not pescatari

It's not so hard to find a hotel with a pool. The veggie requirement is the trick (you don't want salads every day!)

Have a look at Casa do Visconde de Chanceleiros near Pinhão. There are various reports on their vegetarian cooking, here's one of them:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g580264-d647…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Douro Valley hotels that cater for vegetoarns (not pescatari

I will be staying at Casa do Visconde de Chanceleiros in October and am a vegetarian. I'll come back with a review. It sounds like a wonderful place.

5. Re: Douro Valley hotels that cater for vegetoarns (not pescatari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 19, 2014