We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

porto Santo

durrington sussex
Level Contributor
22 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
porto Santo

I'm going to Porto Santo on the 1st October, does anyone know the climate then and what excursions there is to do.

We are staying at the Prestana Porto Santo has anyone been and is it a really good hotel, we are celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary and want it to be good.

Funchal, Madeira
Level Contributor
366 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: porto Santo

The beginning of October is early Autumn, so you may still get some warm temperatures, especialy during the day, but be prepared for not so nice weather, too.

Porto Santo is so small, you'll see it in just a few hours, however, if you're the the type that likes to explore every nook and cranny, renting a car may be a good option.

Can't give a personal opinion about Pestana Porto Santo, because I was never there, but being a Pestana it's bound to be good.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: porto Santo

http://www.porto-santo.com/index.html

Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: porto Santo

My wife and me went there May 2011. We lived it,staff.are amazing, rooms are excellent. Events staff are so eager to help. The weather wasn't the best but it didn't detract from a lovely holiday

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: porto Santo

There is an island tour, just ask at reception. The island is small and so not much to see. You could hire a car, but one day would be enough to explore the island.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: porto Santo

Dear Future Guest,

My name is João Martins and i'm the Hotel Manager.

In case you need some previous information about tours or the Hotel please e-mail our Room Division Manager - Carlos Trindade (carlos.trindade@pestana.com).

Looking forward to welcome you,

João Martins

6. Re: porto Santo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, July 08, 2012
Ipswich, England
Level Contributor
1 post
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: porto Santo

Hi, we stayed at the Pestana Porto Santo between 19/09 and 04/10 last year and the weather was superb. Mid 20's everyday and still warm at night. Speaking with people who were at the resort the week before we arrived did have some rainy days.

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: porto Santo

What's the weather like first two weeks in June thinking about going here for honeymoon

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: porto Santo

This site will show you the history of the weather in Porto Santo ....

wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

Unable to comment on a two week stay on the Island in June, as I have only visited on the ferry from Funchal for day trips during the month of June.

Mentioned in this post
Funchal
Funchal
Madeira, Portugal
durrington sussex
Level Contributor
22 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: porto Santo

I was in Porto Santo in October,went on Jeep Trip round Island,guide told us they have perfect weather all year round. The only time they had to them bad weather was two days in January and it was 16 degrees. If you wish to get accurate weather I suggest you get in contact with the hotel manager on trip advisor he will help you or his email address. I don't know which hotel you are going to but my I suggest Prestana Porto Santo beach and spa excellent hotel.

If I have help you in any way email e back and I'll give you the managers name and email address. Hope you have a lovely honeymoon.

Get answers to your questions about Porto Santo Island