We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side Sea view Pestana Promenade or Melia Mare

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Side Sea view Pestana Promenade or Melia Mare

I am looking to book a month in the winter at either the Melia or the Pestana.The Melia is slightly more expensive.They are both offering side sea view rooms. Does anyone have any preference.I have been told that the Melia rooms could overlook the road whilst the Promenade rooms will look inwards over the hotel grounds.Just one other question.Is there a self service launderette close to the hotels ?

Thank you in advance

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Side Sea view Pestana Promenade or Melia Mare

I think it is right that Melia can face into the road, but it is an excellent hotel. You are right about the Promenade. Both very good hotels and close to each other.

No self service launderettes, there is a laundry in the Monumental Lido hotel shopping centre, but I don't know of any self service ones anywhere.

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
720 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Side Sea view Pestana Promenade or Melia Mare

Just a point about the side sea view rooms at the Promenade. There are no "hotel grounds" as such - just the pool areas where rooms overlooking them are classed as sea view. The side sea view rooms we have been given in the past don't "look inwards" but overlook the adjoining road running down to the promenade and face the side of the neighbouring Enotel Lido Madeira hotel.

The rooms, facilities and side sea view are fine!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Side Sea view Pestana Promenade or Melia Mare

Hi agnuk,

In a couple of weeks time we will be staying at the Melia for the 7th time.We have stayed in quite a few 5* hotels in Funchal but we have found the Melia to be an excellent,reasonably priced 5* hotel.If you pay for a side sea view room you will not be looking over any road.The hotel is a very well run with excellent facillities.

If you need any more information please p/m me & i will give you more information including contacts.

Rob

4. Re: Side Sea view Pestana Promenade or Melia Mare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 18, 2014