We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funchal to Monte Cable Car

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Funchal to Monte Cable Car

Great film by the cable car company 'Teleferico Funchal' on the cable car service including the history of public transport to Monte and the many attractions of Monte

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Funchal, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Funchal to Monte Cable Car

Thanks for that - I did enjoy! Interesting to see Quinta Terreiro da Luta in all its glory. Does anyone know when it closed to the public? It looked lovely but whenever I have passed it in recent times it looks rather sad and neglected. I think I heard it was used as a training school for chefs, don't know if that's true.

I also took the opportunity to watch 'Madeira Antiga - fotos' while I was on YouTube, which has some fascinating historical photos, quite a contrast to Google Street View!

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Funchal to Monte Cable Car

Roseandvine

happy you enjoyed the cable car film and then the Madeira Antiga fotos. Sure contributors will give you an answer on

Quinta Terreiro da Luta

I will ask my contacts here if and when I get the chance...

3. Re: Funchal to Monte Cable Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Funchal