We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a day visit

Which Funchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener
Level Contributor
89 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
a day visit

I'm planning on taking a cruise and the ship docks in Funchal Port. I'm trying to get more options to choose from other than the ships tours to spend the day in Madeira.

Can anyone give me any advice or tips on tours that can pick me up at the ship and is reasonably priced?

Thanks

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a day visit

Try www.Madeira-seekers.com or www.

Madeirahappytours.com both do trips geared for cruise tourists

Edited: 3:44 pm, November 04, 2012
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a day visit

Once away from the harbour area, ask any of the yellow cab taxi driver's the price for a tour, we found this to be one of the best ways to see the real Madeira, it's not that expensive for what you get and YOU get to say where and when you want to stop!

London, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a day visit

If you're there for a day I would do the Monte Palace and garden cable car trip, toboggan run and a bus tour / walkabout in Funchal.

You can always come back again.

4. Re: a day visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 18, 2013