We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA restaurant reviews

Swansea
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
TA restaurant reviews

I read the TA restaurant reviews before each trip to Madeira and find them generally accurate

However I'm confused how they actually work - for instance there are 2 restaurants in the top 20 each with only 6 reviews namely The White House Pub and The Atlantic with the latter only opening last month !

How can these achieve such a high position with only 6 reviews ? Is there a separate scoring system without leaving a review ?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: TA restaurant reviews

Is it possible to get good English Bar Food like "Steak and Kidney Pie* and good steaks in Fungal.English Breakfast? Thank you for your help as i am going in June and not a very adventerous eater

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: TA restaurant reviews

Steaks are very good there ,plenty of pizza ,even a McDonalds .

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
10,248 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: TA restaurant reviews

You don't need to be necessarily adventurous eating as Madeira food is generally very good and using ingredients you will be used to ie, beef, pork, fish and vegetables you will know. The type of English food you mention is not widespread in Madeira, not like many of the Med and Canary Island resorts. However, I am sure you will enjoy what is on offer, there is a great deal of variety.

Just also mention that it may have been better to start a new question rather than tag on to an old one as you question could get lost.

I'm sure you won't regret a visit to Madeira.