We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet winter schedules

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
720 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet winter schedules

Easyjet yesterday opened up its winter flights to Funchal for bookings - ie October through to 2 March 2014. This airline's business model is that it sells seats cheap at the start but progressively more expensive the closer you get to flight dates. So if you're looking to go this winter and can get to Gatwick then it's worth having a look. There's an early morning flight and also one at lunchtime. Easyjet's other departure airports are, as before, Bristol and Lisbon.

I booked two return flights (Gatwick-Funchal) yesterday for next January for a total cost of £238.96, inc baggage and seat reservations.

The equivalent flights booked now with other airlines would have cost:

TAP £368.00

Monarch £431.88

Thomson £651.96

Although there is a person on this Forum who consistently refers to easyjet as "Sleazyjet", I would say again that having flown with them several times to Funchal I have never had a problem (other than the usual airport chaos at Funchal terminal, which is not necessarily Easyjet's fault).

PS: I have never worked for or had any business connection with any airline or tour operator.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

Good price JayJay .Cannot see anyone beating that .

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

Yes good price Jay Jay pity they dont fly from up here.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

JayJay317

excellent research, valuable posting. Thanks for the hard work. It's appreciated. Look forward to more high quality posts from you and all contributors! Have a good weekend!

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

now easyjet has pre allocated seating I would consider using them , when it was a free for all I wouldnt go near them

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

Jet2

how do Jet2 prices for January 2014 from the North of UK to Madeira compare to other airlines?

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
720 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

Hi, madeirapaul. Can't do a strict comparison on dates because Jet2 have their usual gaps in their flight schedules during January/February but the nearest I can get throws up the results of around £380 for flights from Leeds/Bradford and £388 from Manchester.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

Hi, JayJay317

thanks again for the Jet2 fares this time. The differences in the fares between the airlines are significant! It confirms that booking as early as possible and doing your homework/research delivers!

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
720 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

Just to show how you need to get in quick when Easyjet releases its schedules, just four days later the equivalent booking for our dates next January into February would now cost approx £62 more at just over £300. And according to the aircraft seat reservation plan, that's with just half a dozen seats so far booked!

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

JayJay

your post 8 confirms again that booking flights as early as possible and doing your homework/research delivers!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet winter schedules

Yes booking early can help but sometimes especially Thomson or Cooks up here offer low fares near a date for a flight however its a chance you take especially if you like a good popular hotel.which might be full when you get your cheap flight.

Edited: 10:28 am, March 31, 2013