We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dengue fever

Lancashire
Level Contributor
44 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Dengue fever

What is the latest news on Degue Fever. I am visiting the Island at Christmas.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,847 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Dengue fever

Thanks for the recommendation Laptop. I will look our for some Buzz Off for my trip. Only about 7 weeks to go. Can't wait.

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Dengue fever

Hi TwigsOxford, Boots Repel also has 50% Deet. Just back from Madeira and no problem with Mossies, but perhaps too early in the year.

Mentioned in this post
Madeira
Madeira
Madeira Islands, Portugal
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Dengue fever

Re my earlier post (56) trip report now posted.

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Dengue fever

We are travelling to Madeira next week,have only just found out about Dengue fever outbreak,have received advice and am hoping we will avoid mozzies Daph Cornwall

Mentioned in this post
Madeira
Madeira
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,594 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Dengue fever

It may be a bit early for lots of mossies, but just take sensible precautions ie insect repellent but you should not have a problem unless the weather is really hot, in which case they may be around. Not all the mossies in Madeira carry dengue fever.

Edited: 6:58 am, May 05, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Madeira
Madeira
Lancashire
Level Contributor
44 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Dengue fever

Just returned from Madeira on 29th April. The weather was very hot for the first few days 31c but no sign of mozzies and I didn't get bitten at all. I did take vit b complex and a spray with deet in it.

Mentioned in this post
Madeira
Madeira
67. Re: Dengue fever

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 07, 2014